Friday, August 3, 2012

i'll miss her


I still can’t get over the fact that I lost my friend, and the truth is I may not for a while. I’m learning to accept that but it’s hard, part of me is still holding out hoping this is just some cruel and elaborate joke. But I know it’s not. And that knowing is the only thing that’s keeping me from losing my mind. The world goes on but I’m stuck in time, stuck in that moment where I turn my computer on and get on facebook only to find out that my friend has passed away. It seems cruel to find out this way, I wish the many mutual friends we had would have reached out to me. It seems however that the people whom I thought were friends, in truth, were not. I am trying to find out how my sweet friend was taken from this world, from me, from her family, her community, and all those who knew and loved her. It was a blessing to know Mitcha and she has truly impacted my life, I will forever miss her. I will miss walking down the hall towards a meeting or class and bumping into her every Monday and Tuesday at 4:10 exactly and have her tease me and chastise me for being late. I will miss her at the upcoming homecoming where I know she would have made me laugh and we would have gone on and on about our memories at Caldwell. I’ll forever hold her in my heart and will forever carry her in my memories, she was a true and honest friend and I respected her and loved her for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment