Today was a somewhat normal day except for the fact that I
woke up so energized and hyped up I actually managed to clean my entire room in
record time. This happens every time I’m going through something like this
loss. I try to distract myself to make myself do things so I don’t over think
things and fall into a depressive mood that can last for days. I won’t say that
I will forget my friend; no truth is I probably will remember Mitcha each and
every day. Mitcha and I had so much in common, favorite shows, movies, and
loved talking about anything and everything. She was the type of friend that no
matter what she always found a way to be supportive and friendly and absolutely
wonderful. Her personality was sunshine and her heart was golden, I always felt
at ease around Mitcha, she was honest in a way that you knew where you stood
with her and never tried to guess things. Mitcha sang beautifully, smiled
brightly, and communicated effortlessly. When she gave you a hug, her signature
bear hugs, she was doing more than expressing how she felt; she was telling you
and showing you that she accepted you for who you are. I have been reaching out
to her friends talking to them communicating with them; it’s nice to be able to
talk with those who knew her like I did. Mitcha wherever you are, I want you to
know I will never forget you. In honor of her memory I am going to try and
organize a form of memorial service during my alma mater’s homecoming so all of
us who knew her at the college (or university depending on where you’re from)
will get a chance to say their piece. This is only the start of a journey through the pain and confusion to acceptance. I don't doubt that there will be days that will be too difficult to even comprehend. My experiences, musings, and opinions shared with me fellow citizens of the world
Saturday, August 4, 2012
Road to Acceptance
Today was a somewhat normal day except for the fact that I
woke up so energized and hyped up I actually managed to clean my entire room in
record time. This happens every time I’m going through something like this
loss. I try to distract myself to make myself do things so I don’t over think
things and fall into a depressive mood that can last for days. I won’t say that
I will forget my friend; no truth is I probably will remember Mitcha each and
every day. Mitcha and I had so much in common, favorite shows, movies, and
loved talking about anything and everything. She was the type of friend that no
matter what she always found a way to be supportive and friendly and absolutely
wonderful. Her personality was sunshine and her heart was golden, I always felt
at ease around Mitcha, she was honest in a way that you knew where you stood
with her and never tried to guess things. Mitcha sang beautifully, smiled
brightly, and communicated effortlessly. When she gave you a hug, her signature
bear hugs, she was doing more than expressing how she felt; she was telling you
and showing you that she accepted you for who you are. I have been reaching out
to her friends talking to them communicating with them; it’s nice to be able to
talk with those who knew her like I did. Mitcha wherever you are, I want you to
know I will never forget you. In honor of her memory I am going to try and
organize a form of memorial service during my alma mater’s homecoming so all of
us who knew her at the college (or university depending on where you’re from)
will get a chance to say their piece. This is only the start of a journey through the pain and confusion to acceptance. I don't doubt that there will be days that will be too difficult to even comprehend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment