I haven’t blogged in a while, suffice to say I rarely ever
blogged however, recent events have made me more reflective I guess. By recent
events I mean the death of my friend Mitcha. I only found out a couple of hours
ago that she died on Wednesday, August 1st. It was like someone
punched me in the gut, wrenched it out and once the shock wore off they did the
same to my heart. See Mitcha was more than a friend, you hardly ever saw her without
a smile, even when things were tough she would sigh and rest her burden on God and
do her best to get by. Mitcha had beautiful dreams she was working towards a
degree in education and social studies, she wanted to teach and eventually work
her way to becoming a principal of a school. It was always her dream to make a
significant impact on her community, she was so young. All these memories of
her smiling face, her laugh, and her kind teasing float by my mind, I remember
one day she asked me a simple question knowing how descriptive I get, she
began laughing halfway through and I started laughing as I realized she had
only asked me to prove to me that I over analyzed. She had a beautiful way of
expressing her honesty and always made time for her friends. Needless to say a
lot of my future posts will be about her. Losing her is one of the hardest
experiences I have gone through, it doesn’t help that I still don’t know how I
lost her. She was only 23 years old and still had her whole life before her.
This made me realize life is short and while we may live in people’s memories
we shouldn’t be afraid to share our experiences with the world, which is why I’ve
decided to be a more active blogger. I will miss my friend greatly and I will
tell you more about her. Every day I will share something that was beautiful
about Mitcha, bear with me as I mourn the loss of a beautiful soul.
Rest In Peace
Mitcha
March 1989 - August 2012

No comments:
Post a Comment